It is highly advised that you never do an Android Factory Reset on your Yamaha Adventure Pro GPS Navigator. Instead, please contact support to work through any issues that you are having.
An Android Factory Reset will delete the Adventure Pro software and maps. You will lose any unsynced GPS recordings and have to download and install the maps and software (up to 8GB).
If you have done a factory reset, please follow the steps below to recover your map and software.
- Open the web browser from your app screen then delete the current URL that is displayed.
- Once deleted “Search or type URL” should display. Enter the following in that area: http://chilp.it/4f83e34
- Once entered select the Go Arrow. A download arrow will display on the top left of your screen.
- Once the apk finishes blinking/downloading go the the apps screen and select “File Manager”.
- After selecting File manager select “All” then select the “Download” folder.
- In the Downloads folder select “ T-Yamaha-v1_03_0013-.apk” then select install then Open
- A couple of screens will display with the option to skip. Select Skip to all messages even on the map update message select skip.
- The next screen should display “Yamaha adventure pro needs to download resources” Select “Start download” on this screen.
- Once the resources are downloaded A message stating “Map Not Found” will display select yes to recover to perform map recovery. Followed by selecting the check mark on the bottom right.
- The software will then close. Reopen the software by selecting the Adventure pro app icon or the adventure pro widget.
- Update page will display select update on the bottom right.
- Please have your device charging during this time do not charge via P.C/Mac. Preferably a wall outlet.
Please contact Magellan's OHV Product Team for additional questions or support: 877-255-4161